Delegates are expected to participate in NYSCEA’s DELEGATE ASSEMBLY (which consists of two voting representatives from each member group). The assembly meets three times/year. The Assembly is presided over by an EXECUTIVE BOARD which includes the President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, Past President and Committee Chairpersons who keep in contact with their team or committee members regularly, and make recommendations to the Delegate Assembly.
Responsibilities of Delegates are:
- Represent your organization and its membership.
- Attend 3 meetings per year.
- Collaborate with NYSCEA affiliated organizations.
- Act as liaison between your organization and NYSCEA and NYS Education Department.
- Serve as voting member for all NYSCEA business.
- Bring your organization’s issues to NYSCEA business meeting.
- Register for meetings and ensure member association dues are paid.
- Disseminate NYSCEA information to your organization’s membership.
- Provide your organization information to NYSCEA Executive Manager.
- Utilize technological communications, including list-serve and NYSCEA website.